Bestselling author and screenwriter
Welcome to a whole new approach to writing!
Internationally-bestselling novelist, attorney, and produced screenwriter Michaelbrent Collings has been working with words for over two decades, and for the last ten years has provided writing assistance to more people than he can remember. Now he is offering to share the secrets he has learned... with you!
In this comprehensive course, you will learn about the art and craft of writing everything from novels to poetry to screenplays. Some of what you will learn:
The Elements of Storytelling
- The single indicator of a "real" writer.
- Origins of story
- Principles of Telling a Story
- Structure, aka, the mysterious "three act arc"
- Why character matters
- Dialogue tools and tricks
- Conflict and how to create it while "keeping it real"
- Setting as Character
- Principles of Suspense - the most important tool of any successful writer
- Principles of Horror/Comedy (and why they are almost the same thing)
- Principles of Mystery
- Principles of Romance
- Principles of Sci-fi/Fantasy
- Anatomy of a scene
- The Secret to Never Getting Writers Block
The ONLY Kinds of Prose Writing
- Comics/Graphic Novels (aka "the bastard child")
Poetry - More Than Just a Great way to Fall Asleep
- Defining Poetry
- Common Characteristics of Poetry
- Applying Poetry Principles to "Real Writing"
The Strange Story of Novels
- History of the novel
- Novel format
- Novel structure
The Commercial Side of Writing
- Dealing with contracts
- Differences between electronic publishing and traditional publishing
- Selling in the Electronic Age
And much more!
So sit back, grab a pen and paper for notes... and let's get writing!